Plus Internet Safety Tips For Kids
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
Internet Safety Tips For Kids
We strongly encourage all parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few Internet Safety Tips For Kids that will help to make your child's online experience safer and more pleasant:
- Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Personal information includes the child's photo, name, age, gender, address, phone number, school, sports clubs, and so on.
- Know the Web sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate. If the site doesn't meet with your approval, do not be afraid to say NO to your child. Your child may not like it, but he or she will be safe.
- Never permit kids or teens to access the Internet behind locked doors. Always monitor your child's online activities. You may trust your kids, but you CANNOT trust the unscrupulous people and marketers they encounter online who will use cunning methods to deceive them.
- Be sure to check out the popular Be Web Aware site, a Canadian bilingual education program in Internet safety. It is designed to raise parents' awareness and to provide practical Internet safety tips for kids and information to enable kids to become Web savvy.
This excellent site provides Internet safety tips by age group for children and teens, from 2 to 17 years old. It is one of the best online resources available to help street proof kids for the Internet.
It can help to street proof us adults too. Be sure to check it out!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.